As part of my new series, I'm doing a weekly list of 5's. This week is places I want to go. In order to be more specific, this post will only have "outdoor" places. Links will be added at the end of the post.
- Snowdonia: situated in Wales, this famous mountain range is somewhere I am dying to explore. Funny story: I tried to suprise my boyfriend with a trip to the range last year, booking tickets to the nearest train station. Unfortunately, the nearest station was 13.5 miles away from the range, which I hadn't factored in until we arrived at Blaenau Ffestiniog! In the end we had a really nice day out exploring but got nowhere near Snowdonia.
Not quite Snowdonia but still an amazing view: Blaenau Ffestiniog.
- Yorkshire Dales: Well, my boyfriend grew up in this area and I've seen many stunning pictures but I would love to visit the Dales myself. I think he's slowly turning me Yorkshire! Particularly, I want to have a go at the three peaks challenge!!
- Delamere Forest: Lest you think all I want to do is visit mountains (who wouldn't?) this little beauty crept on to the list. I actually live just 40 minutes away (by car) but have never ever been.
- Beeston Castle: This is the first entry on this list that I have actually been to before! Unfortunately, it was many, many moons ago now. I've been to quite a few castles over the years that I would to go again to Beeston to see how it compares!
- Lake Windermere: Again, this is somewhere that I have been before. Lake Windermere is one of many amazing lakes within Cumbria. The first time I went was actually during a wet February weekend. I would love to see these iconic lakes during a lovely sunny weekend instead next time!
|Me, stuck in the mud, Windermere 2014. My boyfriend took the time to get a picture before helping me out.....|
When I initially wrote the post I came up with much more than 5, covering a variety of activities. So, expect a few follow up posts in future!
Are there any places that you would recommend for me?
P.s. For information on the places I've talked about, head to: