Tuesday, 15 September 2015

Fragrances I love!

Up until Christmas 2014 I worked in a Boots store part time. Now there are ups and downs in any job but one of the perks of working there was my exposure to the fragrances. Although any product I use absolutely has to smell good, I never used to go for perfume. I'd occasionally pinch a tester of my Mum or be given something small for birthday but it wasn’t really my thing.

Working at Boots meant that I was frequently around fragrances and I very quickly began to enjoy tasks that would bring me closer to the fragrance counter just so I could have a good whiff of what was on offer!

Since starting that job three years ago I now have a few good fragrances and in this post I wanted to talk a little bit about how I came to have them and why I like them.

(L-R: Coco Mademoiselle by Chanel, Oh Lola! by Marc Jacobs, La vie est Belle by Lancome) 
  • The first fragrance I truly fell in love with was Chanel’s “Coco Mademoiselle”. My Mum has Chanel Chance, which I’ve always liked. However, it’s the softer, fresher sister fragrance that I much prefer. I bought this waaaay back in 2012 by saving all my Boots points up and splashed on a big bottle. As you can see in the picture I’ve made good headway through it in 3 years and it will definitely be one I plan to replace!

  • The second fragrance is “Oh Lola!” by Marc Jacobs. I don’t have a box for it as it came as a gift, but the flower top is so pretty that really never bothered me. At first I didn’t really like the scent, but it grew on me pretty quickly and I actually use it as a day perfume when I’m working or on placement. It’s strong enough to last through a busy working day whilst not being too overpowering for work. So it’s a perfect day perfume!
  • The final fragrance is on I’ve been lusting for nearly a year. I was lucky enough to receive a bottle for my 21st birthday of “La vie est Belle”, by Lancome. It has some similar tones to the Chanel, but isn’t as citrusy (is that a word?). I first came across it on one of my colleagues at work and just fell in love. My plan was to again save up my points and purchase it as a treat that way but I handed my notice in long before that happened. Since money has been pretty tight in the past year I hadn’t ever reached a point where I could I purchase it. In the end I got as a birthday present and I couldn’t be happier! I do adore the bottle, with its little silver scarf making it look ever so sophisticated.


What fragrances do you like? Are there any that you would recommend for me to try next?


Abi x

P.s. all fragrances where chosen by myself the writer, all words and opinions expressed are my own.