Monday, 21 September 2015

Life updates!


I received this daisy of a patient, and it never fails to make me smile.

When I first started this blog, my future was uncertain. I had finished University but not graduated, as I'd failed a module. I had a job offer but no job. I'd not long moved to a new house with my boyfriend, but had no foreseeable income.

So basically, everything was everywhere in an all sorts of up-down, sideways kind of way. If that sentence makes sense to you then you know exactly how I've been feeling these past 3 months.
My future depended on me passing my module re-submission and to keep things short I not long found out that I PASSED.

HELL YEAH I DID!

How I reacted to getting my results.

What does that mean now? For starters, I feel like a big black cloud has dissipated from around my shoulders. Things are still shaky, but they're definitely improving.

I contacted my potential employers and the job offer has now been reconfirmed. All thats left is to register myself with the HCPC (Health and Care Professions Council) in order to begin practicing as a Physiotherapist. If all that paperwork gets processed in time, and nothing needs redoing I'll start working full time in October. 

The problem is, now that I've sent my application off, with the fees dutifully paid, I'm stuck waiting again.
Don't get me wrong, having time off is nice. When it's been since June it gets to be a bit much. If the application does need some little tweaks, then I'll likely start work in NOVEMBER. A whole month later, and though its not the end of the world, it'd be extremely frustrating. I'm ready to move on with my life.

Luckily the boyfriend was off placement last week, so we've had a pretty good week. 

  • Monday, we day out in Liverpool
  • On Tuesday,we went into North Wales and wandered around the beautiful Loggerheads National Park
  • Wednesday we had home day topped off with a pint in our local
  • Thursday we round Birkenhead Park and picked up a game we've wanted for aaaages (Rugby League Live 3, anyone??)
  • Friday I had a girly day with my Mum (n'awwww)

A cidre with a view: The Harp Inn, Neston. Overlooking the marches.



So last week was pretty awesome to tell the truth. This week, I'm back on my lonesome as the boyfriend started back at University (I'm totally jealous!). 
It's up to me again to keep myself busy, try and have some kind of routine.


This post started out as a life update but turned into a bit of a mope haha. I feel a lot better for having got these words out though.

Abi x
P.s. Whats the longest time you've ever had off? What did you do to pass the time?