Sunday, 22 November 2015

5s: 5 bookish confessions

Today's 5's post is allll about reading confessions. I feel it's finally time to get them off my chest...
1. I hate dust covers// despite they're genuine usefulness, any books with dust covers will have then swiftly removed for the duration of the read. Sorry dusty's, were just not compatible.
2. Old books//I love the smell of well loved books, musty and cracked with age. I frequently buy second-hand books and mate it's awesome. I see a new book and it's just like "bring it".
3. Bookmarks// this is probably an extension of the last one. I confess that I'll use just about anything as a bookmark. When I can't find anything to use (which happens pretty regular) I'll fold  the pages. There I said it. I'm a page folder. Sometimes I'll just try and memorise the page number which works 90% of the time but naaaahhh. I will say, however, that when I've borrowed other people's books in the past I don't do it. Ain't that nice??

4. I'm impatient// yeah so are most people. Sometimes, however I acknowledge my impatience and decide not to read a series purely because I cba waiting for the next book to be released. I like to think it's because I get very emotionally involved with books and I'm just not ready for that kind of commitment. You get me?
5. Reading is bad// This is confession is digging deep now. Reading has actively got me into trouble before. Mostly at school, reading when I probably shouldn't have. When I was younger I would read at every available opportunity. I,m not exaggerating. I'd read during meals, in class, in between classes, whilst walking, at night, in the bath. You get the picture. I'm glad I did though because now I feel comfortable reading absolutely anywhere. I have the power!

Do you have any reading confessions?

Abi X