Saturday, 17 October 2015

5's: 5 things I want to BAKE!!

I looooove ( with extra o's) anything sweet and yummy. I love making things that are total treats. Sadly, it's been a long while since I've done any baking. Too long. I'm developing quite a list of things that I'd like to put my hand and making. 
This week's 5's posts is that very list!
On with the list...

Woo!
An empty biscuit tin, full of promise... (woah! That was cheesy!)
  1. Tiffin// I'd never had this before or even heard of it, shocking I know. Not until, a few weeks back when the bf's parents were visiting and brought us some down.According to his Mum it's apparently easy to make.  All I know is that I scarfed down a lot in  a short space of time, oops! It's not strictly baking, as you pop it in the fridge to set but anything with biscuits and chocolate and syrup must be good for you...
  2. Brownies// This is one that I've baked before and if I'm honest, I'm bloody good at! It was my go-to choice for final days on placement (bribing my educator? nope, not me...) and whenever I was feeling a wee bit stressed. I like to decorate mine with some chocolate buttons on the top for a little variety. This is definitely on my list to be done again!
  3. Flapjack// I adore flapjack, but I've never made it before! I know that possibilities are endless on what you can add so I'd love to have a try, to see what I can rustle up...
  4. Chocolate Fudge Cake// This is actually a recipe my boyfriend has, passed down from his Mum (that gal sure can bake!). He's made it for me for my birthday in the past and I'd love to have a go myself. Or even if I just help out...licking the spoon counts, right?
  5. Apple Crumble// This is a recipe I got from MY Mum this time. My Mum is actually a coeliac (she's completely intolerant to wheat) so growing up she would use gluten free flour to make apple crumble rather than cake. Now baking cakes with gluten free flour is possible, but it can be tricky as they don't rise without extra assistance. Crumbles don't need to rise, and I actually prefer gluten free crumble! It usually goes a gorgeous golden colour! As I haven't made it in some time, it's going splat bang on this list!!
I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying these. Hopefully soon. Writing this post has made me really hungry though! 

Abi x
p.s. is there anything you've been meaning to bake recently?