Wednesday, 14 October 2015

Tattoos// Q&A

I know this post won't be for everyone, but I love tattoos. I feel it's time that they had their moment on this 'ere wee blog. I'm hoping you'll get to know a bit more about me through this post, so I'm going to try and explain my history with tattoos!
This is the book series that inspired my tattoos. And a dagger. Always a dagger.
  1. Do you like tattoos?// Okay so this is obvious, I wouldn't do this post if I didn't. Both my Mum and my Stepdad have two tattoos each and I've always admired them. I really admire other peoples and how well they can reflect their personality and likes. 
  2. Do I have any tattoos?//Hell yeah! I have two tattoos (at the moment).They look almost like flash tattoos but they're actually two chapter icons from one of my favourite book series. I chose them for a few reasons. Number 1 being I really liked the pictures. Also, because the series in question is one that I've grown up with, starting it at the tender age of 9, and only reading the final book at 18. It's one my parents introduced me to, and we discuss it fairly often, and I live having that little link to them with me. I got this just before I turned 19 after walking into a local studio to ask how much each design would be and ended up walking out with both.
  3. Would you get more?// This is a definite yes. I would love, love, love more. It's been 2 years since I got my first two, and the desire for more is going strong. I don't intend to rush into getting more, not until I'm really sure what and where. It will be happening. 
  4. What would you get next?// I know this one. I want a dreamcatcher next, quite a large one with detailed feathers. I don't know where yet, which is why I haven't already done it (plus I has zero money). After that, I want to get a Celtic knot design because they're so pretty. I have a few pieces of jewellery of this style that I wear a lot and even a "how to draw Celtic knots" book, so I'm totally ready for more. I'm also considering getting an owl tattoo and a dagger, maybe. So lots of plans going on in the back of my head.
  5. Do your parents/family/friends approve?// I'm picking the 'rents for this one. My Mum and Stepdad both have tattoos and I'm particularly fond of my Stepdad's as my Mum designed them for him! I actually got mine done whilst housesitting fo them. I rang up and was just like"yeah, Mum got two tattoos done today. Bye now." Apparently my Mum had been in the middle of saying I was "boring" and I totally surprised her.My Dad doesn't like tattoos very much but respects other people's decisions to get them. I've been lucky on both sides really.
  6. Did your tattoos hurt?// The answer to this is: YES. It wasn't too bad, as my chosen designs were smallish and had no shading or colouring.The design also only went over a small amount of bone directly so I was mostly okay (using my Anatomy skills well). I have a really low pain threshold and whilst, I definitely didn't enjoy the sensation it wasn't a bad experience. 
I think this post tells you a little bit more about me. Anyone can answer these questions about tattoos o add their own, or ask me some more! 
I'm really curious to see how other people feel about good old tatts'.

Abi x