Saturday, 14 November 2015

5's: 5 great things recently!

I feel that lately things have been a bit non-stop for me. Since starting my new job, I've been working during the week and been off at the weekends. Which is great, but I've also been really busy during the weekends. I'm starting to feel it a bit now, not being quite as well rested when Monday rolls round. 
Yet when I look back, I've done some brilliant things recently. 
I thought that in this week's 5's post I'd share some of them with you guys. Well 5 of them...
  1. Grand final: Leeds Rhinos vs Wigan Warriors// This is delving back about a month, now. I went with my boyfriend and his Dad and sister. Neither of whom we've seen for quite a while. So it was a really nice day. Made even better by being an absolutely nail-biting (I hate this word, but it's an accurate description) gritty game that Leeds won! 
  2. London// Fast forward several weeks later and myself and Lewis had a wee train ride up to London followed by a rather disrupted tube ride out to Stratford station. Our destination? The Olympic Park Stadium to watch the rugby! Absolutely, one cracking stadium, although a shame we were in it to witness England get beaten by New Zealand in the second of three test series.  While the atmosphere fell flat at times, the night was salvaged by the brilliant fan park hosted by Rugby AM. I'm still gutted I never won one of their many prizes on offer...
    Blog debut of my new coat!
  3. Leeds// Two Leeds mentions in one post? Yep, that's right ;). The other week I finally, Finally, bloody FINALLY got paid. Months, with no money. Over. So we had a road trip up and across to Leeds. It was brill, I splashed a bit of cash and finally picked up a new coat, one inspired by my Autumn coat wishlist! I even picked a few new books I 've been lusting after...
  4. Coffee date// Following on from Leeds, me and Lewis went for a coffee date. Doesn't sound much right? Wrong. So, so wrong. When you don't have much money, something this becomes a none essential expense. Being able to go for a little treat like this just felt so liberating. Albeit  a coffee date with no coffee...
  5. Bonfire night// Normally I'd go to a local display but this year I just didn't fancy it. Instead, we went for a moonlit stroll (sounds romantic, eh?) along the marshes to Parkgate. I got to see a load of fireworks from as far as Wales, without having to battle a crowd. 
There we have it! I think you'll agree I've been a busy bee recently. Have you been up to much lately?
Abi x