Sunday, 13 December 2015

5's: 5 NEW things for a NEW year

It's that time of year again. 
Christmas has been and gone.
 2016 beckons round the corner.
It's the end of a old year. The preparation beginning for the new. 
It's a time of year for reflection (yay, more...). The time for planning new and exciting things.
I've been thinking a lot lately of how this year has gone for me. The ups, the downs, the inbetweens...  There have been a lot of great things happen, and a lot of shit. 
(One of the great things of 1015, Graduating!!!)

This is a list of things that I want to do over the next 12 months. 

1. Learn to drive//...a car. I've put it off for  some time because frankly it scares me. Cars are scary, roll with it. However I'm starting to get past that and it's reaching the point where I actually WANT to learn. Go figure?
2. Get fitter-Eat better/ This is a hard one for me. I advocate being fit and eating healthy but I'm lazy... I do try but I know I could be trying harder. It's not about losing weight. It's about improving myself an my personal fitness. 
3. Blog goal// One of my biggest achievements of 2015 is starting this blog. I'm amazed I've kept it going now, for 4 whole months. I intend to keep going on! I don't have many specific blog goals, mostly to keep posting at least once a week, preferably twice. One goal I am aiming towards is to increase the number of book reviews I write. Although I read, well, tons of books, I struggle to review. Queue personal challenge number 3: write 25 book reviews in 2016.
4. Update my wardrobe//A pretty silly one  on the surface. But so much of our appearance is tied into our identity an personality. As a student I couldn't afford to buy many new clothes, I was restricted to pretty much necessities only. Now that I'm earning a bit more I want to start filtering in new pieces that I will actually enjoy wearing and that fit me.
5. Enjoy myself// probably the most important aim on this list. I won't lie, University was a massive struggle for me. I nearly didn't make it through. Now that I've finished, I'm in a job that I adore, and in a relationship with someone I love to bits... I want to start really enjoying my "youth". Start making the most of my weekends, planning trips and days out. Making plans with my friends and most of all continuing my blog writing. I'm at a point in my life that I can start truly living life the way I want...and I want to...

These aren't New Years Resolutions. I don't want them to fade into obscurity a few weeks into 2016. They're more long term goals. Almost like a little personal project.
What do you want to achieve this next year?

Abi x