Saturday, 2 July 2016

Have I the right to feel smug?

Let's be honest here. June has been a great month for me. I climbed Snowdon for the first time( you may have heard..). I achieve a health goal I've been aiming for for a long, long, long time. I've read books I've planned to for ages. I've had great days out with my partner. I finally feel more settled in work. In general in feeling great all round.
So that raises the question, do I have the right to feel smug? 
In today's society, you must alway be aiming forward. Must be striving for a goal, must have a purpose. But what happens when you actually achieve those goals? 
Well, then we downplay them. No one wants to be seen as bragging, right?
There's a fine line between being pretentious and being proud. That line frequently gets blurred. So the sense achievement is gone. 
Well, I refuse to let that happen to me. 
Life is so up and down. For me to consistently feel this confident and strong in myself, you damn right in proud. People, we need to start acknowledging when we're doing well as much as when we're not. Be proud of the effort we put in, of what we get back out in life.
Congratulate yourself on the small things, the meaningful stuff to you. The big huge goals. I'd say you've earned the right
Abi x