Monday, 12 December 2016

Thoughts about Christmas

It's undeniable. The C-word (not that one)! is officially here. So yeah, we've been hearing christmas songs since September, and next door have had lights up for a month but it's actually starting to feel like it might, just possibly, be Christmas soon.

It's fucking great.

I actually adore Christmas, and all that it entails. This year will be rather strange for me though, because it will be the first year I've not spent it at my Mum's since I was 5. Weird. On the plus side, the reason for that is because I'll be spending it with Lewis. Never the less it's still really strange and I'm not all that sure how I feel about it.

In fact last year I wrote this Christmas-y post based around my family traditions. This year I'm going have to adapt and start forming my own traditions. It's kind of scary in a way.

On the plus side, it's not like I won't be seeing my family near Christmas, or even talk to them on the day. It's not like I've been cut out.
I guess it's because it means I'm finally an adult. I have to start making my own way in the world.

So this year will be an unknown. I'm nervous, yet I feel it's a good time to start living for myself.

What are your Christmas traditions?

Abi x