Tuesday, 3 January 2017

Why I don't care if you follow me

Seems like rather an aggressive title from a distance... Yet it reflects what this post is truly about. I recently attended a blogger event( it's all I've talked about since, #CarnLIVal lives on!) and one thing that came up was swapping Twitter handles. Unsurprisingly, a lot of people weren't already following me. Which is fine, I'm a relatively small blog that's only recently been spreading it's wings. I don't expect people to me follow me (though obvs I do like it).
But back to the event, a few people seemed, I don't know, maybe embarrassed? That they weren't following me. It's hard to say, but I think they felt a bit awkward it seemed. To be honest this just made me a bit sad. I don't ever want people to feel pressured to follow me.
As cheesy as it is, I want people to follow me and my blog/various social medias because they like the content. I don't want anyone to feel pressured to do so, even if I already follow them. I don't want to just clutter up their feed and them not actually enjoy me and my stuffs.

On that note, I want to talk about who I follow on twitter.  I try and use the same principle to my own twitter. Most of my feed is made up of bloggers I enjoy, or people who I'm able to chat with. I actually recently culled a load of old school and uni friends which I'd never talked with on twitter. It actually felt quite refreshing as I was left with the people who I actually want to and will interact with.
I'm quite picky about who I follow because I want accounts that are active and chatty like I'm trying to be?

I hope this makes sense, and if you feel like my account isn't your cup of tea then that's cool also.

Abi x

Are there any twitter accounts that you like?