Sunday, 28 May 2017

Morning nerves

Do you ever feel like you have been waiting for something so long that it's actually a big surprise when it finally arrives? That's how I feel right now. 
I'm sat down, just a few hours away one from attending my first ever race. A fucking half marathon. 
I can't believe it's here. I signed up months ago and it's finally the day. I'm incredibly nervous, I've slept really badly because of it and I'm worried I'm going to be pushing myself too much today. 
 

I'm proud of what I've accomplished so far though. Under my own steam I've been training for today. I've been my own motivator and coach and it's definitely not been an easy journey. 
I've seen my fitness improving slowly but surely yet I'm worried it's not going to be enough for today. 
I remember back in March when I was signing up distinctly thinking I could always quit beforehand if I don't train enough.
I'm really glad I didn't. Although a part of me is annoyed at myself nonetheless for not having quit already. Yep, it's pretty noisy in my head at the moment. 
Still, today I'm going to give it my all. I'm not looking for a time, simply to finish in one piece. The journey itself has been an achievement for me and I can't wait to finally complete this bloody race!  

What are your tips for pre race nerves? 
Abi x