Friday, 16 June 2017

I ran a bloody half marathon

That's right I did it. 28th May 2017 I dragged my nervous ass around 13 miles of beautiful Liverpool in the Liverpool Rock'n'Roll half marathon.
It was epic. It's not a lie to say I loved doing it. Seeing so many people challenging themselves both physically and mentally. All the supporters out along the route were lovely, even if no one I knew was there. 
 
Most of all I'm proud that I set the goal to finish, trained for it for  months then went and smashed it! 
If I'm being honest I didn't come away unscathed. I was sore for a few days after. And if you're grossed out, I'm sorry about the next line or so. I ended up with a massive blood blister under on of my toenails. Totally grim and I'm still half expecting the nail to fall off... ewwww! 
I already know that I want to run another race. I've already up for some local 10ks. My next goal is to run a half marathon next year and get my time under 2hrs30. Overall I loved the experience and can't wait for my next big race! 


Have you ever run a half marathon? 

Abi x