Tuesday, 6 June 2017

#TellMeMore

Getting those Grease vibes thanks to the stellar Lyd from What Lyd Did who recently set up this wee tag (see her post here
What's the story behind your blog name? 
My family used to call me a "Square" for being quiet and geeky. The blue striped part comes from being a physio, we're known to have "blue stripes" o our uniform. Even if they're not all that stripey haha. Also I like the colour blue.

What's your real reason for blogging?

I started back when I messed up my dissertation so had a delayed graduation. I had so much free time and zero money, so it gave me a great distraction when I mega bloody needed it. Since that was nearly two years ago I have since passed my course and worked as a qualified physio in the NHS. I keep up writing now as a fun hobby that gives me different opportunities that I wouldn't have otherwise had.

Best thing about blogging?
The people. Its cheesy but I've met some lovely people blogging. There are some incredible minds out there both weird and wonderful and I really love seeing other people own their stuff!

Worst thing about blogging?
Under pressure do do do du dun. There's always a pressure to be consistent and have high quality content. Sometimes its hard to keep up. Like I went to my second #CarnLIVal event in April and I've tried to write a post about but it just isn't happening. It's hard because you want to reflect the effort thats gone into things and events like that.

Proudest moment so far?
Realizing my blog had turned 1. I was amazed I managed to keep it going alongside working and my other life commitments. Now I couldn't imagine life without it!

What are your ultimate blogging goals? Don't be shy!
To reach 10000 pageviews. Its only simple but its just been lovely watching the numbers tick closer.

If you released a book, what genre would it be?
Science fantasy is my favourite genre to read for the amazing worldbuilding. If I had the talent I would love to write a mega long multi story fantasy series haha. No pressure...

If you released products, what would they be? Homeware, beauty, or something unexpected?
Probs be linked to my awesome unborn fantasy series. Maybe some cute little collectibles or some shit haha.

What would you name the products and why? 
Oooh can't give my secrets away. Could be worth millions ya know...(aka I don't know...)

What has blogging taught you?
That actually there's a lot more in my life than I necessarily realise. Blogging gives me the chance to look back on the good and the bad and see how far I've come.

Sum up your blog in three words!
Chatty. Relaxed. Random.

Thank you Lyd the legend for this lovely tag and for suggesting I have a go!

Abi x